Friday, August 03, 2007

Home

Photo Friday

So I'm making a commitment to update the blog on a more regular basis.
I think having some regular features, such as a "photo Friday" will help keep me on task.

Sunny Summer Day (Active Assignment Weekly)

Here's a view of Mt Si in North Bend, Washington (my home town). It was a super sunny nice day. I love big fluffy white clouds in the Summer. It reminds me of being a kid laying on the grass looking up at the sky imagining dragons, pigs, and all sorts of other creatures floating along above me.

On a NextComp note, Elliott and I have a version of NextComp Gamma up and running. Some months ago we posted that we were developing a new version of NextComp using the latest in Web 2.0 technology. We originally envisioned using Java and all sorts of open source software to create Gamma. Well, it turns out that we are really ingrained in Microsoft technology and making the switch to Java was just too much of a resource strain. So we are developing Gamma in .NET using the recently released version 3.0 with the AJAX extensions. If you don't know what AJAX is that's understandable. Basically AJAX makes websites work more like desktop applications.

We will have a demo of Gamma ready by August 17th to share with everyone. It's going to be a bit of a limited demo showing the Search Surveys page, but it will be exciting as there are some new features in Gamma that will make life easier for survey matching.

Until the next post, have a great weekend!

Matt

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home