Saturday, August 16, 2008

Home

Five essential tools for the Internet worker

Here are my top five favorite tools for working on the Internet. I define an Internet worker as anyone that can work anywhere anytime as long as they have a computer and an Internet connection. And coffee. Of course.

I just updated the template for the NextComp blog. Check out the Twitter update over there on the right --->

That got me thinking about all the great tools I use that are completely web-based. So here's my top four web -based tools.
  • Blogging: for keeping track of what's going on. I use Blogger and Typepad to write blog entries and Bloglines to keep track of other blogs.
  • Twitter: for quick "status" updates.
  • Basecamp - for organizing my work life.
  • Help desk - I use Zendesk for taking a load off my mind and building an online knowledge resource.
The last essential tools is Mac OS X. The Internet is so deeply ingrained in the OS that it makes working a breeze. Plus I can run Windows virtually for my development work.


What about Facebook and MySpace? I don't use them, although I know a lot of people that do. I just don't have a need at the moment. Maybe in the future.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home