Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Home

Northwest Compensation and Rewards Forum

I had the pleasure of attending the April 2009 meeting of the Northwest Compensation and Rewards Forum at the Bellevue Hyatt this afternoon. The group is focused on all things "total rewards" including pay, benefits, and work-life related issues. Each quarter they hold a lunch meeting with a well known presenter or panel to discuss the latest topics in the field.

Today's topic was "Refocusing Rewards When the Economy is a Blur" by Juan Pablo González with Axiom Consulting Partners. It was an engaging presentation reminding all of us not to lose track of the importance of high performers and differentiating total rewards even in challenging economic times. The next meeting is in July and I'm looking forward to attending.

Debbie Terry with BECU (Boeing Employees' Credit Union) spoke prior to the presentation on the Lance Armstrong "Live Strong Challenge" being held in Seattle this June. I think I'll get me and my kids involved in participating. It's to raise money for fighting cancer.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home